What am I about?

Welcome! Here you will find the adventures of a simple stay at home mom of three (so far) blessings from God, wife to a good man, and firm follower of Christ. Follow along, and I will share my favorite receipes, cleaning tips, parenting challenges, and faith. Fun things ahead. This season we are parenting a newborn, building a very large playhouse for our daughters, navigating the holiday season, and gearing up for a big garden in the Spring and the building of our first ever chicken coop!! (this should get interesting)

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Blood, Sweat, and Tears

My husband has just been itching to build our girls a "playhouse" or "clubhouse" in our yard ever since we bought this house! So, finally, he decided just to go ahead and do it. A few trips to the local home improvement store, many sheets of plywood later, and a call to his best friend and a tiny house was being framed out in my yard!!
My husband has this "go big or go home" mentality, I must admit. Everything this man does must be HUGE!!
That reminds me of our very first Christmas together. We were living in this tiny townhouse apartment and we went to get our first tree. He chose a beautiful tree. A magnificent example of winter beauty. "But sweetheart," I asked him, "Isn't this tree a bit big?"
"No no, its fine" he assured me.
Now, I'm really horrible when it comes to spatial relations, I can never tell what size box to pack a gift in, or how much luggage will fit in a trunk... but I really thought that our lovely tree was a bit tall...
We drove home and my wonderful husband hauled our prize into the house... and... well, the tree was several FEET too large!!!
He ended up on our back step sawing a lot of the trunk off, and the tree did manage to fit in the house, if the tippy top was bent just a wee bit... and boy did it take up most of the room!!
It was all worth it though, to look at my husband's face, which was beaming with joy!!

Well, I digress.
My husband always goes BIG. I could go on and on with examples!
This little playhouse has ended up being quite the sizable playhouse! It isn't quite finished yet, but it is mostly done. I told my six-year old daughter this Saturday morning, "Go and play in that playhouse that your Daddy built with his blood, sweat, and tears". She smiled and hopped off (she is always hopping or trotting or galloping... like a little critter). She ran right up to her eight year old sister and said "Come On!! Mommy says we have to go play in the playhouse that Daddy built with Blood dripping out of his ears!"
I was laughing so hard I could barely catch up with the two of them to correct the misunderstanding.
Ever play the game "telephone" as a kid?
Thank you, Dear God, for my beautiful children!! AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment